Sunday, November 18, 2012

Presentation I reacted to most strongly

The presentation that affected me the most was Cassandra's, which was about the anxiety of heights while Skydiving. I responded to it strongly because an anxiety of heights is something that I have myself. I cannot say that I have a fear of heights because I haven't really been put into a situation where I was going to be forced to, say, skydive or freefall; however it does make it uncomfortable even watching an immersive film of flying over mountains or cities.

Listening to Cassandra's experience allowed me to view my own project differently. When I have thought of fear before doing research in this class, my brain immediately associated it with television/violence/horror (and I have associated anxiety with people with handicaps like schizophrenia). But listening to Cassy's experience allowed me to take a step back and remember that anxiety is something that affects my own life. You don't have to be in a life-threatening situation to be extremely nervous about a circumstance.

No comments:

Post a Comment