Sunday, November 11, 2012

Fear


What is fear? Fear is an emotion that is evoked by something that is perceived to be a threat to an individual. Fear can prevent someone from reaching their true potential. I, personally, am afraid of heights. Fear can either prevent you from accomplishing your dreams, or it can be the fuel that drives you to go further than you ever thought you could. No matter what your fear is, fear is an internal struggle rather than an external one. After all, something is only scary if you allow it to be. You may be naturally wired to turn your back on a situation, but you have the choice to face it head on if you want to.

            I believe that my classmates will be very shocked at my approach to fear. I hope that it will urge them all to reflect on their own understandings of fear.  I don’t believe that anyone else in the class will take the same approach as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment